OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My partner and I are trying to conceive using donor sperm. I…

Customer Question
My partner and I are...
My partner and I are trying to conceive using donor sperm. I have charted my cycle for three months with very regular "surges" (detected through a digital ovulation kit). This month, I had all of the usual signs that I was going to surge- wetness, dizziness, cervical position up high, etc. We ordered the sperm and I never got a surge, or at least I don't think I did. We tested, tested and tested...we ended up having to use the sperm because it was going to thaw and go bad. We inseminated two days after I thouht I was surging. Then, 24 hours following the insemination, I DEFINITELY thought I was surging (egg white discharge), but I tested and still NOTHING!
Is there any chance that we still inseminated at the correct time?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/28/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

Yes, based on all the physical cues that you had there is certainly still a chance that you inseminated at the right time. Even if you were off by 24 hours this is likely ok as sperm lives for quite a few days :)

Take care. Best of luck conceiving!