OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 38 weeks pregnant and have noticed a swelling between…

Customer Question
I am 38 weeks pregnant...
I am 38 weeks pregnant and have noticed a swelling between my vagina and anus, I don't think its haemmoroids as there is no blood, it is quite sore but not really discoloured. Approximately 1 inch in length and 1cm in diameter?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/28/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
I think most likely it is hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids (which this would be) often don't bleed, just bulge out. If the swelling is closer to the anus, I think it's hemorrhoids. It's hard to imagine what else it could be, although during pregnancy it could be just swelling from fluid retention. I don't think it could be anything to be scared about. I would try to keep your bowel movements as normal as possible and ask your doctor next time you have a visit. Best wishes.