OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

First day of my LMP was 01.26.10 my cycles are usually 30-33…

Customer Question
first day of my LMP...
first day of my LMP was 01.26.10
my cycles are usually 30-33 days
my husbands vasectomy was 01.07.10
we did not have much intercourse in january
and we had intercourse in february 2-3 times a week when i got off my period on 02/03/2010.
i was raped on 02.19.10 and that person finished in me.
i found out i was pregnant on 02.25.10 - 6 days later
on 03/22/10 - baby measured 7 weeks 1 day and was 11 mm long. on 06.14.10 the baby measured a little over 6 1/2 inches and she said he was 10.6 oz or 11.6 oz and measured at 19 weeks 1 day.
i'm scared my husband isn't the father, is it possible to get a positive test 6 days after sex and before my period is due?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/27/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

Based on the information you gave me, the day you conceived was likely February 14th or very close to there based on ultrasound. Based on your last menstrual period, the date of conception would have been even earlier in February-- approximately February 9th. Likely, you conceived sometime between the 9th and the 14th based on this information. Some of the new pregnancy tests are very sensitive and could actually detect HCG as early as about 7 days post ovulation. Based on all of this information, it seems more likely that your husband is the father. If you two had sex on valentine's day or shortly before it makes this even more likely. Certainly, the time frames are close. . .but it is more likely that your husband is the father.
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
It is hard to be 100% sure. You could consider asking your doctor about the option of an amniocentesis-- this is a test where a needle is placed into the cavity with your baby to get a sample of amniotic fluid (and fetal DNA) for testing. You would have to see if insurance would cover it or not, but it would be a way to determine paternity prior to delivery.