OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a lot of itching in the area of the labia and now…

Customer Question
I have had a lot...
I have had a lot of itching in the area of the labia and now have a painful lump which has just appeared, the itching has gone. What could it be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/27/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Where exactly is this lump and is it painful?

Th lump is painful and the area looks red and sore. It is under the labial fold

Lower on the labia?
About how big?
About half an inch between the vagina and urethra behind the labial fold
Do you mean on the on the hairy portion of your labia?
Or do you mean near your clitoris?
on the hairy portion of my labia under the fold
close to your clitoris?
You have many folds - so you need to be a bit more descriptive - such as distance from urethra ,and clitoris, how close to your anus, is it on the labia minor or labia major, and specifically size of this and the distance from other 'anatomical' parts?
I am not a gynaecologist or even a doctor so can't give such details. I can't be clearer than it is a hard lump equi distant from anus and vagina on the hairy part of the labia under the fold.
Does this lump feel as though it is also on the non-hairy portion of the vagaina - and about how big is this lump?

Surely, I have given you enough information!! I have already told you how big it is!

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
I will try and assist you as the other expert has opted out. But a few clarifying questions first.
1. How long ago did the itching start?
2. How long ago did the lump first appear?
3. Is it tender to touch or only when pressed?
4. Any discharge from the vagina?
5. Any new sexually partners? If so how long ago was the first contact?
6. Have you had any illness, flu, cold, vaginal infection, during the time the lump appeared?
7. Is the lump getting larger or has it remained the same size as when it appeared?