OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a yeast infection, i took a flucess 150 mg yesterday,

but i don't have relief can...
i have a yeast infection, i took a flucess 150 mg yesterday, but i don't have relief
can i take another flucess 150 mg today?
6/27/2010
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

Yes, you can take another 150 of Flucess. Usually I tell people to wait one to two days though in between to see if they get some relief.

Are you sure it is a yeast infection? If it doesn't respond to the flucess, it is possible that it could be bacterial vaginosis (an imbalance of bacteria in the vagina associated with itching, discharge, fishy odor) and that would need ot be treated by an antibiotic rather than an antifungal (just throwing this out there in case the yeast infection doesn't go away and it could possibly be something else).

Take care.
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
thanks a lot
will take it right away
it feels like a yeast infection, but normally with one tablet i get relief, so if tomorrow it is still not cured, i will go to my doctor, then it must be the imbalance of bacteria.
it is really uncomfortable, hope this flucess helps

thanks again, till next time
me too! Make sure to keep the area nice and dry-- after you shower you can try a hairdryer on cool setting to make sure it is nice and dry (yeast like moisture). Wear cotton underwear and no baths (not sure if you knew those recommendations or not but thought I'd put them in here just incase).