OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had my egg removed on Wednesday. Following the

Customer Question
I have had my egg...
I have had my egg removed on Wednesday. Following the removal of the eggs, I have had some slight bleeding until friday miday Since wednesday I have been applying Crinone(a progesterone vaginal gel). On friday afternoon, I have had an embryo transfer and on saturday evening, when i went to the loo, I noticed on the toilet paper twice as if some vaginal gel was coming out and the gel had some blood on it. The same thing happened again just now. For your information, I have had an ovitrell injection on saturday morning. I am extremely worried; i do not want to have hopes; I just wnat the truth
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/27/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Your symptoms are within the normal range that is to be expected. I know how anxious this is making you but the best thing to do right now is to keep a perspective, continue taking the medication as directed. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and avoid caffeine so that you do not cause a urinary tract infection (UTI) bu making your body dehydrated. And of course take your prenatal vitamins.
The spotting may continue for a few days but does not indicate a failed pregnancy. Unfortunately you will have to wait until the first ultrasound (US) to know for sure how the pregnancy is progressing. This waiting period is extremely anxiety provoking. After 26 years in practice as an OBGYn it is still a challenge to help some women get through this period of time without becoming over anxious. Your state of mind is important and I encourage you to keep a positive perspective.
Hope this is clear, if not let me know. Also let me know how this turns out in a few weeks.
why is there the spotting and also why does it appear to come out when the vaginal gel comes out?
The spotting can be due to a number of different reasons but it is typically due to the implantation of the embryo into the uterus. This causes spotting in 80% of women and is considered normal. The 'gel' is probably a combination of blood, and cervical mucus. At this time the cervical mucous is very thick and can blood like a gel.
*******
Hope this is clearer.
I have been pregnant before normally but never had the spotting before. As regards ***** ***** it came out in small bits covered with some drops of blood. Is it normal that you bleed for a few days due to implantation?
as I stated in my previous answers this is within the normal range of symptoms. For now just continue to monitor. You should be concerned if there is bleeding like an early period or regular flow of a period. If there is cramping this may be due to the implantation as well or it could be a sign of an early UTI. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and avoid caffeine. Take care.
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
thanks for your caring answer
You are most welcomed.