OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on HRT with pellet injections and have moved to…

Customer Question
I have been on HRT...
I have been on HRT with pellet injections and have moved to Central NY. How do I find a physician who will continue the use of these pellets as no other hormone replacement works for me. (I have had a complete hysterectomy). I have called several doctors' offices and no one knows what I am talking about
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/26/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
The best thing you can do is have your previous doctor find a current doctor who can do this for you. Also, why are using testosterone pellets - this is not normal HRT for women as this can cause really severe side effects that can be permanent such as hair grown, or baldeness, and deepening of voice, as well as heart problems. In addition, there are many other choices for HRT too besides just pills by mouth such as vaginal pills and patches.
my previous doctor is in Georgia and I am now in Central New York so that is a problem.. As I stated, I have done the patches, etc to no avail. My basic question is how do I find a doctor in my area that does the pellet hrt without having to call individual doctor's offices?
Since most likely this will be an ob/gyn who can do this then you might want to try going to the American Congress of Ob/Gyn website: www.acog.org or www.acog.com - and at the top of the page you can see an area that says: 'Find an Ob/Gyn' and then you put your information in, and you will find a practicing ob/gyn in your area. Doing injection of pellets is not that common - so you might be able to only find one or two ob/gyn's who do this.
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Thank yo very much. That will be a good start.
Also, contact your other doctor - because usually doctors who do things 'offf the FDA protocol' usually keep a list of other doctors around the country who do this too.