OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am in my third trimester 38 weeks after a cervix internal…

Customer Question
i am in my...
i am in my third trimester 38 weeks after a cervix internal exam yesterday.I notice a bloody mucous and a vaginal bleeding after i urinate today .I walked a little bit prior to the incident and experienced slight contractions.No abdominal pain noted.Is this normal.I am 1.5 cm dilated as of yesterday.wat do i need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Actually, just relax, do fetal kick counts once per day, and if you start leaking fluid and /or if you start having contractions occurring every 3 to 5 minutes, this is when you need to get checked. The bleeding /mucous is normal.