OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can you get arthritis in your vagina after prolaspe surgery…

Customer Question
can you get arthritis in...
can you get arthritis in your vagina after prolaspe surgery
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Can you tell me more about your problem?
ihad vaginal and bowel prolaspe surgery two years ago .iam still very sore i feel preasure to urinate all the time and my vagina is raw red most of the time .i am very oncovertable all the time.i do have arthritis in my hip and lumber spine.
You could have bladder prolapse. You should see a gynecologist to have a pelvic exam.
Your symptom should not be related to arthritis.
would a bladder prolapse cause raw vagina pain in back and abdomen could it have happened during surgery.
If the prolapsed bladder irritates the vagina, it could cause inflammation in the vagina. There are other possibilities.
It is difficult to say what is happening without pelvic examination. You should see a gynecologist for pelvic exam.
every time i have a shower ,or a bath,my vagina feels worse when water hits it i dont use soaps or anything just water ,i shower or bath everyday
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 years ago
Dr.JBB
Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN
Did you have any mesh placement when you had your prolapse surgery?
  1. i dont know what mesh placement is.not that i am aware
OB GYN Doctor: Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Dear JACUSTOMER-youpyg)k; The direct answer is "no" you cannot get arthritis from vaginal surgery. But at your young age, it sounds that you are suffering from a an inflammation and infection of the vagina and the tissues at the entrance to the vagina (vulva>) There are several possibilities, but the the most common is due to a yeast infection. There are effective OTC anti-yeast vaginal creams.Try for one week and get any OTC cortisone cream for the outside inflamed tissues. If that fails, you will need to be seen by a gynecologist for other diagnoses and treatment. Good luck