OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY SON A YEAR AGO I HAD MY TUBES TIED IS…

Customer Question
AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY...
AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY SON A YEAR AGO I HAD MY TUBES TIED IS THERE ANY WAY TO REVERSE IT?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/24/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)

Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

It depends on the method of tubal ligation that you had (if the tubes were burned, cut, how much was removed, etc), but the person you need to see is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist (they are a specialized OBGYN). They usually specialize in doing tubal re anastomosis (putting back together the cut ends). It is an expensive procedure but there is a possibility it can be reversed-- it is not always successful though. Your other option would be to do in vitro fertilization where the eggs are taken directly from your ovary, fertilized, and placed in your uterus (it bypasses the need for tubes).

Hope this helps.