OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I want to have my clips taken of my tubes so me and my

Customer Question
parter can have a baby...
i want to have my clips taken of my tubes so me and my parter can have a baby , how do i go on about it , where can i have it done and how much would it cost me , i live in stoke on trent , would like place cost by me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)

How long have you had the clips on, and are you sure they are clips?

clips and 6 years now

The clips can be removed - however, the tube at that portion has been destroyed, so the tube needs to be cut and then re-attached, and most insurances will not cover this - so the cost could approach $10,000 and done by an ob/gyn infertility doctor. So, what we recommend is that you proceed through IVF - which can be a lot less expensive since many insurance companies can pick up the cost for most of it, PLUS, it does NOT require major surgery.