OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I take tri-sprinte 28 day birth control pills. I missed

Customer Question
yesterday mornings and this mornings...
I take tri-sprinte 28 day birth control pills. I missed yesterday mornings and this mornings active week 2 pills. I took them both around 7:15pm. I'm confused about wether I take 2 pills tomorrow or just take i pill on my scheduled thurs pill? thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/24/2010
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
If you miss two pills in a row during the first or second weeks of the pack, take two pills on the day you remember and two pills the next day. This should get you back on your regular schedule. You must use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, if you have sex in the seven days after you restart the pills.
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
ok, so tomorrow morning I will take Thurs and Fridays pill. so it will seem like I'm ahead one day. I have been a Friday starter so does this just mean that my new pack will be starting on Thursday from now on? I just wanted more clarification, the answer is exactly what is in the patient labeing and brief summary. and seemed vague to me. Thank you
The patient label means if you miss two pills in a row, next day you take two pills and the day after two pills. You took two pills at that night you missed the second pill. You should have taken two pills the next morning. Anyway you should take one pill tomorrow morning and will go back to regular schedule. Is this clear?
thank you
You are welcome.