How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I get a vaginal infection everytime I have sex with my

Resolved Question:

I get a vaginal infection everytime I have sex with my husband. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
This is called bacterial vaginosis (BV) and this is basically your own vaginal bacteria that overgrows and due to a pH imbalance usually from the semen. So, you can keep treating with antibiotics such as with flagyl (metronidazole) or Cleocin (clindamycin) - or you can try a few other things: A product called RepHresh which is available over the counter, or you can have your doctor write a prescription to Boric Acid Vaginal suppositories.
Dr. Owen and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you