OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

IF I AM 26YRS OLD AND BEEN TRYING TO FALL PREGNANT FOR 6…

Customer Question
HI IF I AM 26YRS...
HI IF I AM 26YRS OLD AND BEEN TRYING TO FALL PREGNANT FOR 6 MONTHS, AND I'VE BEEN OFF THE PILL FOR 10 MONTHS, SHOULD I START TO BE WORRIED? I'VE HAD MY PARTNER OF 9YRS HAVE HIS SPERM TESTED AND THE DOC SAID IT WAS ALL GOOD. MY PERIODS HAVE BEEN A BIT ALL OVER THE PLACE, SUM 31 DAYS SUM 38 DAYS. I HAD A LUMP CUT OUT OF MY NEXT IN MARCH AND IT WAS A BIT STRESSFUL, COULD WE B NOT FALLING PREGNANT BECAUSE OF THAT? BUT ALL IS GOOD NOW WITH MY NECK. CHEERS
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/19/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
What testing have you had done?
What is your height and weight?
Any medical problems?
my boyfriend has had his sperm check and the doc said it was all normal, that was last week. I haven't had any done on myself yet, but the doc gave me a form to have bloods done, i ashume its to check my hormone levels. height 173 and weight 68kg. No med problems, very fit, i run everyday and work shift work at a mine site. I hope thats enough info for u. Thanks
Actually your running might be causing you a problem as women who are very fit do not ovulate all that often if at all - so perhaps running about 3 to 4 times per week, vice daily. But, also have your TSH thyroid and a prolactin level checked.