OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Have generalized abdominal pain and a feeling of tightness…

Customer Question
have generalized abdominal pain and...
have generalized abdominal pain and a feeling of tightness around my waist like when you are trying to hold in you belly, heaviness in lower abdomen, tenderness around belly button, feel urgency to urinate but do not need to
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/19/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Basu, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor

These symptoms can be caused by:

1. acute cystitis & pyelonephritis-- bacterial infection of the bladder & kidneys can cause these symptoms.

2. Acute appendicitis---inflammation of appendix can irritate the abdominal cavity & the bladder resulting in these symptoms.

3. Pelvic inflammatory disease--this is another possibility, but only after above 2 possibilities ruled out.

4. Acute colitis---diarrhea should also accompany.

Hence, you should see your doctor soon for clinical evaluation & a CT scan of the abdomen with contrast to rule out above conditions.

Antibiotics will be required to treat the infections.