OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

After period I feel something has grown on the left hand…

Customer Question
After long period I feel...
After long period I feel something has grown on the left hand side of my uretra, inside me.
I think it's ovary implamation or as you call it cyst.
Strange long period with brown colour of discharges insted of red blood for 2-3 weeks, I already forgot when it's started, because you seems became used to it after sometime.
I am 40,so may be it's due to my age-hormonal disbalance.
However, I take levothyroxine from 2006 and I have a condition hypothiroidism.
I never had a problem wiht my ovaries,but I can feel smth like grown gland around my uretra(similar throat gland)
What do you think?
Which hynacoelogy clinics are working on Saturday in London, preferably SE or City?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/16/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

I can't answer your question about which gynecology clinics are working on Saturday in London but I do recommend that you get this checked out. There are a couple of things that this could be and without a physical exam it is very hard to say. One option is that it might be a cystocele. This is where your bladder bulges down into your vagina. It would be in the right location (near the urethra) and is sometimes associated with leaking urine. The main risk factors for developing this are if you have had vaginal deliveries, increasing age, and genetics. With the location that you describe, I don't believe that it is an ovarian cyst. The ovaries are in a different location in the vagina and it would be very difficult to feel an ovarian cyst near your utethra. What is more likely is that you may have a cyst of another sort such as a Skene's gland cyst. In any case, I do strongly recommend that you have a physical exam as we would want to rule out "worse case scenario" which would be cancer. Cervical cancer can sometimes present with changes in bleeding and odd lumps and bumps felt in the vagina. I don't mean to be an alarmist, just want to make sure that you do have this checked out.

Take care!