OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have d&c two months ago. i was pregnant for 4months and…

Customer Question
i have d&c two...
i have d&c two months ago. i was pregnant for 4months and have a miscarriage. there was no heart beat found. i acutally get pregnant on clomid. my doctor give a prescription for clomid again but i been spotting on and off for those two months. she told me to take provera i was going start fe days ago but then the spotting continue don't know what to do i really want to take the clomidi want to try again please give me your best advice
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/16/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
You had what is known as a Missed Abortion (a miscarriage that did not happen by itself).
If you are taking clomid - you really need to be taking this under the watchful eye of an ob/gyn - and I usually prescribe for my own patients 100mg of clomid on days 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of your cycle.

my doctor prescribe clomid 150mg for me. my problem is that i've been spotting on and off for about two months now. right now i'm on my 4th day of spotting should i use the clomid or could i take the provera in a few days

150mg is fine - a bit on the high side, but okay.
If you are spotting - you really need to get this evaluated - because this can be an infection, this could be a polyp, this could be abnormal cervical cells, this could be hormonal bleeding, this could be from PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome - and if you have PCOS - you also should be on Metformin (also known as glucophage).