OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I need a pill to delay my periods. Is it possible?

Customer Question
Hello dr, i need a...
Hello dr, i need a pill to delay my periods. Is it possible ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
When was your last period? How long do you want to delay your period? Thank you.
only for one week
When did your last period start?
21 st may
If you were on birth control pills, it's usually fairly easy to control when your period will come. Otherwise it's possible to do with Norethisterone. This is a progesterone pill that you need to get from your doctor (in most countries). You take it 5 mg 3 times a day starting 3 days before you expect your period. It usually works fairly well, although sometimes you'll get a little bleeding or spotting. Best wishes.