OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

On the 14th of may intimacy occured on the 30th through the…

Customer Question
on the 14th of may...
on the 14th of may intimacy occured on the 30th through the 2nd june; my cycles are pretty regular 30 days apart and im currenly experiencing a little bleeding not my regular kind of heavy flow its brownish and red; i had a negative blood test june 8th and a and neg blood yesterday on the 14th of june i was told it could to early since i had sex late month june 24th will make a mnth since intimacy; does it sound like i have a chance of being pregnant still? i notice this month when i use a tampon it causes alot of cramping
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/16/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Please clarify what days you had sex?
When did you have have your period START date?
When are you expecting your period?
i had sex on the 30th and 31st of may and the 1st and 2nd of june, my period started yesterday it is alot lighter than usual
Since your period started, the likelihood of being pregnant is about zero percent, I'm sorry if you have been trying to get pregnant.
are u sure? i heard many women bleed within the first months of pregnancy..and i heard that i problay wouldnt miss this period but i would miss my next period since intimacy occured so late
If this is your period - then you are not pregnant - if you think you might be pregnant - then you need to do a pregnancy test to confirm. If the test is negative, then you are not pregnant. In all ob/gyn offices we do pregnancy tests. Honestly we do not have a crystal ball. And, the only way to confirm what is going on is to perform a pregnancy test.
with the time frames that intimacy occured would you suggest that i test end of next week? im sorry if it seems like im a pest sir im honestly just trying to receive as much information as possible and i want to be sure; in all honesty this doesnt seem like my period is way to light; with the neg blood test yesterday i doubt that im pregnant or can blood test be performed to early as well?
Let's just say you were in my ob/gyn office today - and you suspected you were pregnant. I would run a pregnancy test - essentially the exact same urine test as you can by for about $10 to $20 dollars - I would NOT do a blood test, because that would cost you $100 and it is not necessary. So, it would also be negative, if you want to do another test in 3 to 5 days to confirm a negative, then you should.
that makes sense doc; is there any thing that my primary care doctor could prescribe to help my husband and i conceive?
If you are really trying, I would highly suggest seeing an ob/gyn - most primary care doctors do NOT have the training - and they will give you medications, but honestly I do not think they really understand the meaning as to why the medications are used - so make an appointment for an ob/gyn and that way you will not be wasting any time.

so with intimacy occuring so late in the month i wouldve still missed this period? with my first baby (miscarriage) a urine test wasnt positive until 4 wks nor was my blood.

you are correct. I will not get into the symmantics of why your pregnancy was 4 weeks later - there is a reason for that - and that is a totally different question. Have a good night.
could you please refer to a female ob/gyn
You can look on the ob/gyn American Congress of Ob/Gyn website: www.acog.org or www.acog.com and at the top of the webpage you will see 'FIND an Ob/Gyn'.
Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated for all the help I have given you.
Thank you.