OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My period started on the 31 of may. I have a 25 day cycle. I…

Customer Question
My period started on the...
My period started on the 31 of may. I have a 25 day cycle. I have been having sex throughout my whole period, and the last time was on the 9th. Is it likely that I might be pregnant?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/14/2010
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
It could be. Sperms can survive for 5 days. Eggs can survive for 24 hours, but ovulation happens from day 11 (days from the first day of the period) to day 21.
basically your uncertain?
It is possible you get pregnant. But it depends on when you ovulate. If you ovulate after day 14 (most women ovulate on day 14, or 15), it is unlikely you get pregnant.
I have a 25 day cycle so I am not most women. your answers are very general, and I am not satisfied at all.
You have a 25-day cycle. That means the possibility you get pregnancy is higher.
To use Plan B is a little late, but the preganacy test is higher than within 72 hours. You can use emergency copper IUD. You need to see a gynecologist.