OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Morning. I had intercourse with a female on feb 16 her due…

Customer Question
morning. I had intercourse with...
morning. I had intercourse with a female on feb 16 her due date is nov 1 not sure when her last menstral was im guessing somewhere round jan 24-26 but she said she missed her feb 22 period as of today she is 19 weeks and 4 days is this baby mines?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

If she had her last period on the 22nd of Jan (since her next period was due on the 22nd of feb) and have always had regular periods, then she would have ovulated around the 4th of Feb. Sexual intercourse a few days before or after the 4th could have caused her pregnancy. Intercourse on the 16th Feb is a bit too late for a pregnancy to occur but it cannot absolutely be ruled out.

In other words, going by the dates alone, it is difficult to comment if this baby is yours although there is a chance that it could be. If she had sex with anyone else around the 4th, then chances of that man being the father is more.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

is there any other info i can give to you that would make things a little clearer? i mean basically what percentage can you give me as to the baby being mines?
Offhand, I would say that the chances of the baby being yours are about 30%. This is just from my personal experience of course, not from any detailed study. But going by the dates, the chances of you being the father is 30% or less.