OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I AM 30 YRS OLD HAD A STILL BORN IN NOVEMBER AND HAD MY

Customer Question
HELLO I AM 30 YRS...
HELLO I AM 30 YRS OLD HAD A STILL BORN IN NOVEMBER AND HAD MY FIRST REAL HEAVY PERIOD ON MAY 24 AND LASTED FOR 5 DAYS BUT NOW I STARTED DISCHARGING SOME BLACK OR DARK BROWN STUFF. IS IT NORMAL. WENT TO MY DC MAY 18 AND HAD MY ANNUAL PAP AND IT WAS NORMAL. I WANT TO GET PREGNANT IS THIS GOING TO DELAY THE PROCESS.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/12/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Ashwini Joshi, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr.Ashwini Joshi
Dr.Ashwini Joshi, OB/GYN (Doctor)

Are you on any medications/birth control?

Was that your first pregnancy?

Were you investigated for the cause for the still born?

Do you have any cramps?

Regards,

no not after my lost. it was my 1st pregnancy i got high blood pressure and preclapsya, no cramps

There could be a number of reason's for the discharge after the periods are over.The fact that you had a recent examination rules out major causes for inter menstrual spotting like a polyp or cervicitis.

Sometimes there may be a discharge around ovulation.But as you are trying to conceive the one cause of a discharge could be implantation bleeding of pregnancy.

The way to find it would be to get either a HPT done around your actual expected period or get a blood pregnancy test done.

If this is negative it could be a progesterone lack because of which you are getting the brownish discharge.If this persists I would advice you to rule out Chlamydial cervicitis by testing a swab.

All the best.

Please feel free to ask for any clarifications.