OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've suffered from intense pelvic pain for the past 3

Customer Question
months.My periods are now very...
I've suffered from intense pelvic pain for the past 3 months.My periods are now very heavy, the pain is always there like a constant period pain and is worse during my period.
I went to my G.P and he examined my pelvic are amd when he touched me the pain was unbearable. He said it might be a bladder infection so asked for an urine sample to send off for analysis, and gave me antibiotics just in case.
I finished the antibiotics yesterday, and the pain hasn't changed at all. My next appointment with him is in 2 weeks.What else could it be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2010
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
It seems that you have endometriosis. You should see a gynecologist to have a pelvic exam and ultrasound. You need birth control pills for endometriosis.