OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had sex with my boyfriend and there was light bleeding…

Customer Question
i had sex with my...
i had sex with my boyfriend and there was light bleeding during and afterwards. I have no forgot to take 2 pills and have had some more bleeding
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/9/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Just to clarify - What 2 pills are you talking about?
I am only taking yasmin contreceptive pill but i have missed 2 days worth now by accident
If you forgot to take the pill for 2 days and you just had sex - I would recommend taking the morning after pill (such as Plan B) if you had sex within 72 hours ago and then also continue to take your birth control pill as prescribed too.

What about the light bleeding during and slightly after sex? I have had no other symptons

If you are NOT already pregnant - then this bleeding could be due to a normal mid-cycle bleed, this could also be a polyp, abnormal cervical cells (check with a PAP and if normal then you have normal cervical cells), this could also be an infection such as bacterial vaginosis, a STD, or a yeast infection.