OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY HOWEVER I AM 48-DO YOU KNOW OF…

Customer Question
I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER...
I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY HOWEVER I AM 48-DO YOU KNOW OF ANY FUNDING THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP AT MY AGE?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/9/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)

Hello! My name is***** and I will take the time to answer your question =)

There is no 'funding' to help with fertility. Your best bet would be to see an ob/gyn doctor and be referred to an REI specialist (reproduction, endocrinology, and infertility) as they specialize in finding ways to get women pregnant. Given your age and proximity to menopause, becoming pregnant will be difficult to say the least, but anything is possible and you should exhaust all of your local physician options to get the latest details on various treatments that may be available to you.