How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kala Your Own Question
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4463
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Kala is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had this "fluttering" feeling on the right side of my

Resolved Question:

I have had this "fluttering" feeling on the right side of my stomach. (just below my ribs) It isn't painful, but I have had it for several week.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 years ago.
Can you describe the anything occurring at the time it started?
Is it related to any particular activity? Eating? Exercising? Defecating? having sex? Etc?
If so describe.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not sure if it has any relationship to eating. I seem to notice it when I'm just sitting or standing. I began to first notice it when I had my menstration cycle six weeks ago. ( I did have a heavy cycle that lasted 3 weeks) Now it just comes and goes any time.
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information.
It may be that you have a cyst on your ovary on that side. It could also be due to intestinal movement or gas on that side that may get trapped.
When you feel it you can try massaging your abdomen to see if this will relieve the sensation. You can also get into a position where you are on your hands and knees and your butt in the air. Stay in this position with your head down for a few minutes. Do it several times to see if it relieves any trapped gas.
Obviously only an physical exam can help to uncover the cause if the above is not helpful. So at that point you should make an appointment with your GYN dr.
Dr. Kala and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you