Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

I am 36 weeks pregnant. It hurts to walk in my pelvic area

I am 36 weeks pregnant. It hurts to walk in my pelvic area and the inside ligaments in my hips. The pain is sharp and I sometimes can't walk. Is there anything that I can do to help the pain?I still have to work, but the pain is so bad that I might ask my doctor to take me out of work.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 7 years ago.

adultswim,

try a maternity belt. This is an elastic belly supporter that usually helps with this type of pain. they can usually be purchased at maternity stores, or maybe a babies r us.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The thing is, I don't really have much of a belly. I'm overweight and hide the pregnancy very well. I've looked into those, but I don't really think that they would fit and work correctly with me.

adultswim,

Unfortunately you're a point in your pregnancy where there aren't many options. I'd probably try one and see...otherwise, you'll likely have to be taken off of work.

Dr. Pfeiffer