OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have little bumps in my vulva area, like around the

Customer Question
I have little bumps in...
I have little bumps in my vulva area , like around the urethra and inside the labia minora. I'm not sure about having an STD because while having vaginal sex I use condoms. But I'm not experiencing pain while peeing, but i have a burning sensation. I don't know if its an infection or just dryness. Because Im not itching and i dont have pain while have sex. I Need Help im in fear of having an STD.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: OB GYN
3/1/2010
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor

someonehelpme,

hard to know for sure without being able to see them. the most common bumps in this area are genital warts - again, may not be, but is very common. condoms do not provide 100% protection from any STD, but I do commend you on faithfully using them. Have your doctor take a look so you know for sure.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I need to know some other symptoms, because I'm not sure about this Im researching on my symptoms and Im getting other issues too. So im not really satisfied but it's ok for starters
I don't have any white bumps or pain while having sex, and they aren't around my vaginal opening or anus. It's just irritation, and I have been shaving lately and using some of those hair removal creams. So I need some more answers
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 7 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
These can be a STD - but this could also be a contact dermatitis such as from irritation and rubbing during intercourse, these could be inclusion cysts, and Dr. P is correct as this could also be HPV warts which are usually hard, and do not contain fluid.

Someonehelpme,

I would like to add, that many women dismiss bumps and lesions on the genital region as shaving bumps. I'm not excluding that, nor am I excluding irritation. However, given this forum where I cannot do an exam, I cannot tell you to dismiss it either. It should be evaluated so you know exactly what it is - that's all. Ok?

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor