Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Assistant Professor of OB/GYN with 40 years of experience treating patients. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
12995549

I feel more tired than normal, having a lot of vaginal discharge,

I feel more tired than normal, having a lot of vaginal discharge, a few headaches and i feel more bloated, and my appetite has increased a lot but i feel a little bit sick so i'm left feeling hungry.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 7 years ago.
What type of discharge? Nausea or diarrhea? How long has this been going on? Other medical problems/meds?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just normal white, it's not thicker than normal or smelly i just get a lot more than normal. A bit of nausea but not diarrhea. It's been going on about 3/4 weeks. No more problems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 7 years ago.

Dear zozthjealien; It is difficult to find one explanation for the vaginal discharge and the rest of your symptoms. Vaginal discharge can be normal even if heavy enough to flow out of you. The only physiologic discharge occurs at mid-cycle,starting about 4-5 days before ovulation and stopping 24 hours after ovulation. It is clear, slippery,tensile and non-irritating or odorous. A thick, white ,creamy or odorous discharge would suggest an infection;yeast,if itchy, bacterial, if not. You didn`t mention any possibility of being pregnant. If your period is irregular or late, consider a pregnancy test to be safe. The other complaint's sound more like a virus than anything hormonal. See if the headaches respond to an adequate amount of Motrin or Aleve,etc., that is, 3 tablets every 4-6hours. It is likely to be better than acetaminophen .

If this persists, see your GP. Good luck

Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Assistant Professor of OB/GYN with 40 years of experience treating patients. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.