How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some black spots in my vaginal area. The nurse

Resolved Question:

I have some black spots in my vaginal area. The nurse practitioner who did a pelvic exam today said she had never seen any thing like it. She is setting me up with an appointment. But that could be difficult with the holidays and I am very concerned
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
Please tell me about these black spots - about how many, how big (size in mm, cm or inches), are they flat, raised, and are they purely black??? And where are they located - on the labia (minor or major) or in the vagina itself? Any history of abnormal PAPs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are located in the vagina itself. There probly 10 or 15 areas less than a mm they seem to be raised. Yes I have had some abnormal paps but last years was fine.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
Most likely these spots given their size are nothing more than normal 'moles' - and yes as an Ob/Gyn I see these ALL the time. I however recommend getting an ob/gyn to evaluate this and to possibly to a biopsy of 1 or 2 of them just to be sure they are not a melonoma which is a possibility - but usually melonoma of the vagina presents differently, not with 10 to 15 mm sized lesions. I hope this helps, please take care and please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, Thank you for your question.
Dr. Owen and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you