OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

What's the use of Gynaecosid? Can it stop pregnancy ? I'm in

Customer Question
a week late of my...
What's the use of Gynaecosid? Can it stop pregnancy ? I'm in a week late of my period..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/23/2009
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

No gynecosid cannot stop pregnancy once it occurs. It is basically an estrogen pill. If pregnancy is definitely confirmed, you can ask your doctor about an abortion - pills like Mifegestone usually work in early pregnancy.

I hope this helps.

Is Mifegestone sold outside US ?

I live in Indonesia..

Is there any side effect ? What will happen if I take the pill ? Am I going to have an enormous pain ?

Mifegestone is legally available in many countries, - you will need to talk to a local Obgyn if it is available in your country.

It does not cause many side effects . But when an abortion occurs, it can cause pain . The pain will be stronger than normal menstrual cramps but not that much. The earlier the pregnancy, the ;lesser the pain.

I hope this helps.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor