Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have a small pimple like sore inside the lip of my vigina.

I have a small pimple like sore inside the lip of my vigina. It hurts if I try to have sex. I am often dvery dry do to having had hysterectomy without hormone treatment
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
How long have you had this sore on the lip of the vagina? Any history of abnormal PAPs? When you had your hysterectomy, did you also have your ovaries removed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No abnormal paps. Yes overies removed10years ago. 35 years ago I was diagnosed with warts and they were carterized(?) no further outbreaks. Recently have started new relationship. No sexual intercourse do to dryness.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
A pimple that hurts is 'usually' associated with HSV - herpes, where exactly is this located on the vagina - is it on the lower portion of the vagina?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No upper left side
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
From an anatomical standpoint there is a small gland there it could be such as a skene's gland cyst, But, how long have you had this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1 week, It seems to lessen in pain and then it begins hurts a little more
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
Just one pimple - I would assume that it is just some infection, a small abscess - so really unlikely to be concerned about although I know it hurts. The usual treatment for any abscess including a pimple is to open it - and this should help.