How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.JBB Your Own Question
Dr.JBB, Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1372
Experience:  15 yrs experience in Women's Health, Pelvic reconstruction and Incontinence
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.JBB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lower abdominal pain above my pubic bone on the left

Resolved Question:

i have lower abdominal pain above my pubic bone on the left side it's tender to touch and throbs like a toothache
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.


There are a number of things that could be causing your pain but the fact that it feels like it did when you had a cyst would make me lean toward that first. The pain with intercourse would lead me to believe this is a gynecologic problem as well. Your OB-GYN should be able to tell if it is a cyst or not and will probably do an ultrasound as well. That is where I would start. Good Luck.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
you think i should go to the female doctor, right
Expert:  Dr.JBB replied 7 years ago.
Correct, your gynecologist should be able to tell you what is going on and if it is not female in nature, they can refer you to the appropriate specialist.
Dr.JBB and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you