OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

How can you tell if your hymen is thick or elastic?

Customer Question
how can you tell if your hymen is thick or elastic?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/14/2009
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 8 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Have you had intercourse? Do you use tampons? Thank you.
never had sex and i dont use tampons i am extremely scared 2 have sex.
You can tell about your hymen by putting a finger or two in your vagina. With one finger, you'll probably hardly feel your hymen, but when you put 2 fingers in, it may get tight. Then you'll be able to feel if it's elastic or thick. It's often a good idea to start using tampons before you have sex. They tend to very gradually open up your hymen over time, with no discomfort. If you do, start with a very small one to see how it goes. Tampons also tend to make it easier to have a pelvic exam and Pap smear. Hymens vary a great deal, from really tight to not tight at all. You'll get a good idea by feeling with your fingers and trying to insert a tampon. Best wishes.
cAN I GET MY MONEY BACK IM NOT Satisfied with ur answer?
You don't pay until you accept the answer. Talk to Customer Service if you wish.
ok
well money was taken from my debit card
You have to ask Customer Service. I'll never see your money and have no idea how to get it back to you.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN