OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I’M PREGNANT!! I had unprotected sex with 2 guys, 1 did come

Customer Question
IM PREGNANT!! i had unprotected...
IM PREGNANT!! i had unprotected sex with 2 guys, 1 did come inside of me and the other didnt, BUT?
im very confused because of all these tricky ovulation dates..im sure guy #1 is the father but i want to be certain...i got my period april 5th, had unprocted sex with guy #1 on april 10th and he came inside of me, on april 21 i had unprotected sex with guy#2 but he DID NOT come inside of me, and found out this month in may im preggo..im most likely sure guy #1 is the father, but my mind is playing tricks with the ovulation time..serious answers only, is guy#1 110% sure the father? even though guy#2 never came inside, but it says i conceived around april 19th -23..but this is where im confused,and im worried?? please clarify
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
5/27/2009
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. RK, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor

Dear preggo,

Greetings and thankyou for using justanswer,

As per the rythm pattern and the ovulation time, it seems that guy 2 is the father of your child.The ovulation is normally 14 days prior to the expected date of next periods.

Since you had the last period on april 5 so your expected date of next periods will be around april 4 if you have 30 days normal mesntrual cycle.As per this your ovulation will be around 20 th of april.

Since you had unprotected sex on april 21 with this guy so he is the very likley father of the child.

You may have the uterine sonography done which will tell us the approx. foetal age and the date of conception and we can confirm our findings.

Though there are cases of having pregnant with the pre-cum only.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

thank u for taking time....but the reason i believe it cant be guy #2 bc on may 19th i went to the doctor and the doctor said i was aprrx about 1 month n a day...therefore i conceived during my ovulation period which was from april 19-21..and it had to at least take 7-10 days before that for me to have had sex,also from that ovulation date it gives time for the baby to implant and grow...dont u think?

Dear preggo,

thankyou for the information,

The sonographic estimation of the foetal age is calculated as the actual age from the time of conception though some may add and calculate it from the day of last menstrual period.

If they would have calculated it from the day of last menstrua;l period then your pregnancy would have been around 1 month and 2 weeks as on may 19th.

The foetal age of around 1 month and 1 day clearly suggest that the fertilsation happened around may 20th suggesting guy 2 as the father.

As you had sex on april 10th with the guy 1 so he is unlikely to make you pregnant as the sperms have survival time of 72 hrs/3 days only while ovum has survival time of 24 hrs.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

.

Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
but ive had unprocted sex plenty of times and i know scientifically the chances of getting pregnant thru precum are very very slim...to confirm all of this what test would be best, ***** ***** work or wait till my next doctor visit..and yes my period was on april 5th and i have a 30 day cycle...and i had sex wit guy #1 on april 10 where he did come inside..i understand what ur saying, but i just see it very hard to be guy #2 bc around that time i had just gotten my period again a lil before that...first time in the month i got my period twice..??

Dear preggo,

Thank you for the information,

I think we are very close to the diagnosis.As you told that you had the periods twice.

Please tell me on which date you had the periods after april 5th?

Was it light and spotting like periods?

yes let me explain everything in further detail

i had unprotected sex with guy #1 which he did come inside and that was on 4/10..prior to that my regular period was on 4/05..now on 4/13 i had taken a plan b pill, they say its most effective within the first hours but i took it during the last hours...now the plan b pill makes ur period come down again..so around 4/15 -4/18 i remember i got my period a second time..then on 4/21 thats wen i had sex but he did not come inside..so the plan b threw off my menstrual cycle..usually wen u take the pill, which ive taking it twice before in the previous yrs wit guy #1, i would get my period again the next day after taking the pill..thats y i thought this one wasnt effective bc i took it so late and got my period like a week n half after i had sex wit guy #1 on 4/10...sorry for the confusion i just need to clear this up guy#1 is my bf although weve had our problems n im aware i shldnt had done what i did, but i stil lfeel like im pregnant by guy #1..ive had sex with both of my past bf's and never ever have been pregnant thru precum

Dear preggo,

thank you for the information,

As per the information you have supplied me , you told that the guy 2 didn't come inside you so the chances of pregnancy becomes very less.Did the guy 2 used condoms or he not at all ejaculated in you, this makes me doubt.?

The sex with guy 1 and the subsequent light periods after a week make the possibility of pregnancy by this guy 1 because the periods which you had from 4/15 to 4/18 is very likely to be due to the implantation bleeding of pregnancy.

Also you told that you took plan b drug so the drug also has the side effect of irregular bleeding, breakthrough bleeding after you take.

Though the ovulation is usually around 14 days prior to the expected date but some variation may occur and as per th e sonographic foetal age , the pregnancy is 1 month old which makes guy 2 as the father.

The pregnancy can be due to guy 1 as well due to the posibility of implantation bleeding during that time but the chances are less.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

no guy #2 did not use a condom he pulled out....and yeah i did have light bleeding around those dates thinking it was from the plan b...so basically u believe its guy#2, not guy#1,,,is there anyway for me to find out to confirm this, thru blood work or anything..i really need to clear my doubts, i cant have a 9 month preg***** *****ke this..

Dear preggo,

Thankyou for the enquiry,

You should clear your all doubt regarding the pregnancy.The guy 2 is very likely to be the father of your baby.The reasons which i give are:

1) The ovulation time for you is very much matching with the conceptional date.The guy two just pulled out but it doesn't prevent pregnancy as i told that the pregnancy is possible even with pre-cum.The pulling out method is not a recommended method of contraception.If the guy 2 would have used condoms then i could have gone for guy one.for the possible father.

2) The plan B drug can be taken withing 72 hrs and is effective if you take it withing 72 hrs after intercourse.Since you have taken it withing 3 days so the abortion may have resulted if there would have been any pregnancy dur to guy one.

3) The periods from 4/15/to 4/18 is likley to be the side effect of the drug plan b.The miscarriage would have resulted if there was any pregnancy.

4)The sonographic age of the foetus mathes exactly with the guy 2 causing pregnancy in you and alos your expected ovulation time.

The DNA pre-natal paternity tests are availbale at around 14 weeks of pregnancy by doing aminocentesis or cv sampling.You may try this if you feel any doubt.

Please visit here for more information:

paternity test

pre-natal paternity testing

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

thank u for ur info...im still having a hard time acceptin its guy#2
Dr.  RK
Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor