How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What does it mean when your cervix is hanging out of the

Resolved Question:

What does it mean when your cervix is hanging out of the vagina
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this?

Did you have any test or treatment?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

What is your age?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I noticed it this evening. It has happened before but has been a while. I have not had any test or treatments. I have no other symptoms or illnesses. I am 33. Also, would this cause any problems with fertility? We have tried for 7 years and been thru everything but invitro. This comes and goes but hasn't been this bad for quite a while. Usually it gets to the edge of the opening and that's it if it comes down.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

Your are having prolapse of the uterus.

This is due to descent of the uterus from laxity of the supporting tissues.

The causes can be obesity, straining, repeated coughing, weight lifting, repeated childbirths, weakness of pelvic muscles etc.

You need to get an examination by a gynecologist to have the exact diagnosis.

Prolapse usually does not cause infertility.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you