How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shah Your Own Question
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3898
Experience:  Many years of extensive work experience in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Shah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have dull aching pain in my upper right leg. It tends to

Resolved Question:

I have dull aching pain in my upper right leg. It tends to come and go, three or four days it hurts and then it goes away for a while. It is not enough to keep me awake at night, just bothersome. I also have had leg cramps ( like a charlie horse) in my inner thigh. Is this related somehow? I am 50 years old, and have not gone through menopause yet, so wondered if that could also be related. Could I be low in a vitamin need? Thank you, Kristi
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
Do you feel any weakness in legs? Where exactly is this pain? Do you see any swelling, skin color change or shiny skin? recent fall or trauma?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, I do not feel any weakness. I exercise on a regular basis, it does not increase or decrease with the movement. No swelling, color change, no recent trauma. The pain is mostly in the front quad area, all over. It is not in one spot. Just aches.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
Based on the information you don't seem to have any alarming symptoms at this time, the nature of pain suggest musculoskeletal pain. You can treat this condition by taking pain meds and hot compresses. When you are in pain avoid further trauma or stress to those muscles. Sometimes these muscle aches could be linked to minerals and electrolyte, so try to eat balance diet and can take vitamins & mineral supplements. If the problem does not improve or you develop new symptoms, you will have to visit your doctor.
Dr. Shah and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you