How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saul Your Own Question
Dr. Saul
Dr. Saul, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 2145
Experience:  I am a board certified, practicing obstetrician gynecologist with many years of clinical experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Saul is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having pain on the left side of my uterus. It is

This answer was rated:

I am having pain on the left side of my uterus. It is painful constantly even when I urinate. What is the cause of this pain and what should I do?

Thank you so much for your question. It is my privilege to be able to help you.

There are many things that can cause pain where you describe. Some of the common causes of this type of pain are ovarian cysts, fibroids, pelvic adhesions, infections, endometriosis, and other possibilities. If this pain is persistent, the right thing to do would be to see your gynecologist. There is no way to know how to treat it without a proper diagnosis. The only way to figure out what is going on is to get an exam, and possibly an ultrasound to identify the cause of the pain. Then it can be properly treated.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so i can get compensated for my work. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. i am truly privileged to help you, and i want to make sure that you are satisfied with your answer. Good luck! Dr. SaulJE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well I had a piece of my uterus removed five years ago. I just had a check up not that long ago and have not been sexual for three months. I have problems with my PA because he does not get to the root of the problem. He just gives out profiles and see how that works. What do i need to tell him so i can get the right diagnosis and treatment? Thank y
It sounds like your health care provider is not being very thorough. He needs to take a full history, like find out when it hurts, what makes it better or worse, what type of pain is it, and then he needs to do a physical exam, and possibly get cultures, get an ultrasound, and maybe other things. If he feels that he is not capable of figuring out what is wrong., maybe ask him for a referral to a gynecologist. Dr. SaulJE
Dr. Saul and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you