OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Is it possible to get pregnant without any fallopian tubes?

Customer Question
Is IVF the only option...
Is it possible to get pregnant without any fallopian tubes? Is IVF the only option besides Adoption?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
3/9/2009
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Heal, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor

DearCustomer

Yes. Fallopian tubes are the ones which deliver the egg from your ovary to the Uterus during ovulation phase for a possible conception when sperms enter your body. It is still possible to become pregnant with your own Egg and your husbands sperm provided your ovaries are patent and not removed and still producing eggs. The Egg and Sperm are fertilised outside and placed in your Uterus. With this IVF method its possible for you to have a normal pregnancy & delivery. Adoption can be thought of only in case this is not possible. This impossibility can happen just in case your Uterine wall is not capable of holding and carrying your pregnancy / fetus. Other factors like your health and threat factors need to be explored. See your doctor and discuss. Good Luck. Take care. God Bless.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Can you get pregnant without doing IVF if you still have ovaries and no fallopian tubes?

DearCustomer

I am sorry to convey that it is impossible without fallopian tubes and the only way out is IVF as both the Egg and Sperm have to get conjugated and this conjugation is done in the laboratory and thus obtained fertilised Ovum is placed inside your womb.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Dr Heal
Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor