OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

How can i make my period go off?

Customer Question
How can i make my period go off?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/12/2009
OB GYN Doctor: DrKnowsBest, Doctor replied 8 years ago
DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Hello Customer!
A prescription of a progesterone only pill in higher dose (I use Prometrium) can be given by your dr to be taken two days before you are due and continue through when you want to postpone it to. There is no guarantee this will work to stop a period that has already started. If you have started then you can try this but nothing really works 100% to stop it. If you are on the pill you can get an extra week to take and continue through the "fake" pills to postpone as well. This is less effective than the progesterone and you may get more breakthrough.
Good Luck Hope this helps!
DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Is there anything natural i can bye from the store that would stop my period?
unfortunately nothing is available over the counter that has been shown to work.
great to be a woman huh?
:)
DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor