OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

What can you do for a cut inside the vagina

Customer Question
what can you do for a cut inside the vagina
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/3/2009
OB GYN Doctor: Family Medicine physician, MD replied 8 years ago
Family Medicine physician

Hello

How did this cut occur inside vagina?

where in vagina is this located and what is its size?

Is there any discharge from vagna?

Please provide more information

Regards

i have a cut in my vagina next to my clit. there is no discharge. i accidently sat on a plastic roller top. please tell me something i can you to soothe the pain. the cut isn't deep but it is long.

Thank you.

I dont like plastic rollers either.

Small cuts heal by themselves and all you need to do is to keep these clean to prevent infection.

You can apply topical local anesthetic gel in order to minimize the pain. but best will be to keep it dry, take oral pain killers like motrin or alleve, and if the margins are wide or if the cut is deep, you should get it approximated by local physician as it will expedite the healing.

In case there is any redness or swelling in cut area, you must take antibiotics to prevent infection.

Best wishes

Family Medicine physician
Family Medicine physician
Family Medicine physician
Family Medicine physician, MD