How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Singh Your Own Question
Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  MD
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is about a sore, painful, itchy breast. I have 2

Customer Question

My question is about a sore, painful, itchy breast.   I have 2 sores on the areola that are growing in size and they itch and I have applied Eucerine cream when they seem dry and they ooze clear fluid at times. I don't know if this is dry skin and they will just go away or if I am allergic to something. I haven't worn a bra lately because I feel like this may help the area be less irritated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Angel~ replied 8 years ago.


You should see a doctor to rule out any type of problem. The fact that these sores are getting larger should be investigated by a medical doctor. I would make an appointment as soon as possible. He or she can not only tell you if these sores are a problem, but they will probably be able to give you something to make you more comfortable and/or to treat your problem.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I am planning to see a md about this but was hoping for something to help with the itching while I am waiting for the appointment.

Also, I was hoping for some guesses as to what this could be ... a skin infection, duct infection, dry skin, Paget's disease.

Maybe it's just all stress due to the job layoff!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I don't feel like I received any advice on what I could do NOW for this problem. I was hoping for answers like:

- try gold bond lotion

- try oatmeal bath

I understand that it's difficult to answer without seeing it.

I will do what I knew was best to begin with ... go to the MD.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.

i agree with nurse(angel) that a proper diagnose can be made only after clinical examination.

i think it may be a fungal infection ,for this you can have an antifungal cream that will solve out this prob,like Ciclopirox olamine ie Batrafen cream, its also available in powder form or solution.

apply Batrafen Cream to affected area (clean dry)twice daily on average and allowed to dry. Treatment should be carried out until the symptoms have subsided (2 weeks in most cases).

if its allergic please you can use some OTC hydrocortisone cream.

when sleeping at night remove your bra when you go to bed so that the area under the breast should have enough air circulation,

keep the area areola clean, (warm water wash )as the sores may get infected.avoid touching with unwashed hands.

Remember Humidification is good but excess may result in fungal infections of skin.

(however if the problem persist please visit your doctor for futher evaluation )

i hope this will help!


Please click "ACCEPT" if I answered your question to your satisfaction so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE FEEDBACK / BONUS will be highly appriciated.

Dr Singh, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience: MD
Dr Singh and 2 other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you