Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  B.A.M.S with 10 years of experience
11859556

Sometimes when i have had a bowel movement i have some spot

sometimes when i have had a bowel movement i have some spot bleeding from the vagina.I am 47 years old and have not had a period for the last 3 months but last week had quite a heavy clear discharge.I have had vaginal bleeding before after straining to open my bowels and the next day my period has followed.If you strain to pass a motion can it start your period.What I pass from the vagina is a little bright red blood in sticky clear discharge.

DearCustomer

Looking to your submission I think its more of a discharge having spots of blood. Am i right? Do you have chronic constipation or had difficulty to pass motions just on those days before you had periods?

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you are correct this time but it has been like a period bleed which then stops straight away and my period has followed a day later.I donot get constipated just at times of my period.If I strain to go to the toilet could it make you mensturate if you are in your period cyle.Would straining to open your bowel make you bleed heavier

DearCustomer

Yes any straining to make bowels move has effect on the muscles of the uterine and can initiate your lining to bleed as they are about to bleed. i suggest that you correct your constipation first so that you have normal bowel movements and to acheive this take more fibre rich diet and take in more water, fruit juices like papaya, pineapple, green leafy vegetables.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I bled when I passed a motion yesterday morning and again a little this morning it then stops.Please could you just explain why the bleeding would stop and not progress into a full period.

I have referred your query to another doctor to dwelve in to. Pl wait for him to get back.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I AM SORRY TO TROUBLE YOU AGAIN BUT I AM SO WORRIED.

PERHAPS I COULD ASK THIS INSTEAD IF MY PREVIOUS REQUEST CANNOT BE ANSWERED.

CAN OPENING YOUR BOWELS BRING ON A MENSTURAL BLEED

DearCustomer

I answered your first question but it was rejected by you and hence I opted out and referred the query to another expert. As he seems to be busy I would like to come back to your first question and assure you that straining on passing stools does cause in cases where there are predisposing factors to cause vaginal bleeding.

Now to explain the possible causes unless it is examined again it is only speculation. A condition which causes such a type of bleeding when constipation is present is presence of a Rectocele which is actually is the rectum causing a bulge high in to the wall of the vagina. In this there will be bleeding from vagian when you try to push your constipated stools.

This is what is most probably that i can speculate based on the symptoms presented and would prefer to advice a thorough examination by a Gynaecologist who can do a per vaginal examination and determine. Take Care & good Luck.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha