How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Anthony Bray MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After having sex, it seems that my Perineum had ripped or tore.

Resolved Question:

After having sex, it seems that my Perineum had ripped or tore. I'm not even sure if this is the correct area/term, but it is the area between my vagina and anus. I remember it stung for a few days and looked like a cut of some sort. Now, it seemed that it has healed but there are small white bumps around that area and also a tiny piece of actual loose skin attached to it. It doesn't itch or hurt, but it looks unattractive and not normal. Is there anything that I can do about it? Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 8 years ago.
Hello! Well it sounds reassuring in a couple of ways. For one it healed. Secondly it does not currently bother you or rather you are not symptomatic (but are worried about it). If it hurts with intercourse , or you have some blood after then have it checked. Otherwise it sounds unlikely that it is much to worry about and could probably wait until your next regular gynecologic check up. This being said , if it brings you peace of mind to have it checked sooner then by all means do so! Good Luck, Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it normal for this to happen? I don't go to a gynecologists regularly. I might see a doctor for a pap smear in a couple of months. Is there any way to treat this without surgery?
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 8 years ago.
Hello again! It didn't sound to me that it was anything that needed to be treated. I can't see what you see and obviously there is something about it that you find a bit distressing. Part of your description indicated a flap of skin and to me this sounds like a skin tag that developed as it healed. This would be a very minor procedure to remove it, local injection with anesthetic, cut, stop bleeding, antibiotiic ointment, go home. You also mentioned white bumps and I'm not sure what you are describing here. If raised, small firm bumps then you might be describing veneral warts and these could be treated in several different ways if that were the problem. You might only be seeing pores with sebaceous material in them if you are self-examining with a magnifying mirror.The latter possibilty would be normal. I hope this helps give you some direction. Good Luck, Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD and 3 other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you