Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

I have a hard lump inside my vagina. It's so big I can't

I have a hard lump inside my vagina. It's so big I can't really get my finger past it easily. If I do manage to then everything feels normal beyond it
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Greetings.

Is it painful and tender?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know. I think a while as it's been difficult to insert tampons. It is painful, but only because it seems to be a really dry patch inside me and gets sore. When I pressed it it didn't feel tender

Most common possibilities are;

1) submucosal lipoma and

2) dermoid cyst.

The possibilities for the lump you have described can be;

1) Inclusion cyst

2) Gartner's duct cyst

All of them are benign, so indication of removal is discomfort, annoyance or pain. An inclusion cyst (the commonest structure) is a small encapsulated fluid filled structure due to embryonal or traumatic implantation of epithelium into another structure. The treatment is surgical removal.

With the discomfort, it is causing an evaluation by your doctor would be prudent. Read the resource;

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001509.htm

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had a period of extreme vaginal dryness about 2 years ago when starting my medication. My husband made me bleed when he penetrated me. Is this likely to have caused the problem?

Very unlikely that this lump was formed by the trauma.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Dr. Arun