OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Why do I have blood in my urine after sex

why do I have blood in my urine after sex
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2008
Dr. Lam
Dr. Lam, Doctor (MD)
Greetings. Thank you for your question. To help me better understand your situation, please answer the following questions :

!. What is your height?

2. what is your weight?

3. Are there any other prescription medications or nutritional supplements you are currently taken but not listed in your inquiry?

5. Do you have any allergies ?

6. What is your gender

7. Was there pain of anykind during sex

8. has this ever happen before

10. on instpection , do you notice any trauma , if so where?

5'8" Tall

170 lbs.

none

no allergies

male

no

no

no trama

blood in the urine reflect some type of truma. The most commonly injured organs include urethra, prostate , or seminal vesicles. Becauase these organs not visually seen, work up is needed. What you need to do is to see an urologist . Workup is standard and usually consist of physical ema, test, and others diagnositics to reclude hypertesnion, prostate cancer, and rare cases of TB. An important procedure called cystocspy will be performed to take a look. this is best done at time of bleeding or soon.

the good news is taht your condition has been well reserached and established good medical protocol is available to help you rahter easily.

This is not something you can try to do at home to heal itself. There are no home cure or natural remedies. There is a structural issue that has to be investigagted.

I applaud your decision to take control of your health. I hope my answer empowers you to make an informed decision. Feel free to continue to write back on me on this matter if you still have questions that is unresolved or need further clarification.
Dr. Lam
Dr. Lam, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Lam
Dr. Lam
Dr. Lam, Doctor (MD)