How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask doctor_charles Your Own Question
doctor_charles, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal med. specialist, CGO(Certificate in Gyne & Obs.)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
doctor_charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am havng a red/bloody stringy discharge from my vagina. I

Resolved Question:

I am havng a red/bloody stringy discharge from my vagina. I just had my period and I thought that it was over. When I went to the bathroom today I had a blob of this bloody/red stuff in the toilet. Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 9 years ago.


Do you have history of irregular period?

Is there any foul odor or itching vagina?

Are there any solid pieces of tissue along with blood?

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I do have a history of irregular periods Yes I am sexually active. I don;t think there is odor
Expert:  doctor_charles replied 9 years ago.


Yes,this can be due to your irregular bleeding.This can be called as bleeding between periods.Its most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis). Also if there is foul odor,then there can be associated vaginal infection most likely bacterial vaginosis.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes. So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then take the treatment.

Hope my answer had helped you

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

doctor_charles and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you