How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Pfeiffer Your Own Question
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 5987
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Pfeiffer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The doctor said my vagina is turning inside out. Is that a prolapse

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 9 years ago.


yes. varying degrees of vaginal prolapse exist until procidentia, which is inversion of the vagina.

if the prolapse causes you problems non surgical treatment is pessaries.

surgical treatment is sacrospinous suspension of the vaginal vault, abdominal-sacral colpopexy, suspension to the anterior abdominal wall, partial vaginectomy (Le Fort operation - essentially sewing the vagina closed in women that are no longer sexually active), and vaginal hysterectomy with pelvic floor repair.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you