OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

The doctor said my vagina is turning inside out. Is that a

Customer Question
The doctor said my vagina...
The doctor said my vagina is turning inside out. Is that a prolapse?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2008
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor replied 9 years ago
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor

Cindi,

yes. varying degrees of vaginal prolapse exist until procidentia, which is inversion of the vagina.

if the prolapse causes you problems non surgical treatment is pessaries.

surgical treatment is sacrospinous suspension of the vaginal vault, abdominal-sacral colpopexy, suspension to the anterior abdominal wall, partial vaginectomy (Le Fort operation - essentially sewing the vagina closed in women that are no longer sexually active), and vaginal hysterectomy with pelvic floor repair.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor