Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The front crash alerts are coming on and engine light and…

The front crash alerts...

The front crash alerts are coming on and engine light and there is zero around me! Then it felt like the brakes were slightly on because my car did not run like normal, the rpm stayed at 2 then finally went up! I turned all the driver assist stuff off

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

No not blinking thank goodness because Nissan can’t get me in until next week, this has been happening for three weeks on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2020

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Versa

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OkDo you need background
6/30/2022
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago
Roy Sheidenberger
Hi welcome to just Answer I am Roy , hope I can help sorry to hear about your issues. Do you have a code reader to check your codes ? Let me know Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that's what is supposed to be done next week but I'm worried about driving but I have no choiceCan't get in until Wednesday
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago
Okay they have had some issues with the front radar systems
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The braking part of it makes me think thatI read a lot of that, I turned it all off
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

If that's what's wrong you can still drive the car until you can have it inspected to be sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The brake part seems to be betterOk good bc it's only one I have
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

it can cause braking at times when gets the wrong readings

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The engine light is still onI don't know if engine is part of it or not
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay if you have a auto zone close they can check your codes for free also

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It felt like it was barely braking the whole time! Oh good I'm going up there now thanks
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

If you can get the codes just post back later after I close this and I can still help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will because years ago you guys helped me a lot thank youDo I text in here
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

No problem just post back here , Have a great day and Thank you, Roy!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks again !

Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

I will be here just let me know

Roy Sheidenberger
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a P101 says something about air filter ? I've got it in my email. But I just had oil changed at Nissan place and they replaced one under the hood I can send copy of work done
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay that code is for a air flow meter if they didn't get the filter back in place good it can cause that code also

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so it's not as bad as I thoughtOr can I adjust?
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

It could be just dirty air flow meter or the filter didn't get put in correctly also

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so it shouldn't hurt to drive ? I won't hold you to it
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

you can check the filter make sure it s in place good and snapped

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will!
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

as long as it drives good you should be fine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It drives better with driver assist off lol
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay I would keep driving until you can have it inspected again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks Roy
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Your welcome have a great day !

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You too
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks again !

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Roy! My car today did fine until I started home then all the lights came back and the engine light stayed on as it has been. Was looking at email from Auto Zone about code and it says something about a sensor in the transmission? So I checked the air filter under the hood to make sure it was right and it seemed to be! Then when I got to my apt I had to back up to pull in and there was no transmission, like it was in neutral! Either way it would barely go! Or it was braking but this time it felt like no gears! I finally got it in and shut it off turned back on and it seems to be fine! I'm not sure about waiting so long and driving it! I'm going to call them again tomorrow! I'm sending you a screenshot of the email so you can see the codes
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago
Okay sounds like you could have a transmission issue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh great
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
May he better warranty wise for it be the transmissionIt's the weirdest thing that these come on even when off
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

those codes are not correct the P0101 is the air flow meter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying to send correct thing lolMaybe that machine was wrong idk! I'm going to call them in the morning and try to get in tomorrowMaybe Nissan will at least put machine on itBc we need to know what the deal is , was just run by you so I know what I'm doing
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay I would have them recheck it for you to be sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok if Nissan can't do it I'll take it back to auto zone tomorrowOr tonight if o can
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

that is strange they will be able to let you know for sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your input, I know something wrong but I'm kind of at their mercy at moment! Ok thanks I'll update you lol
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Sheidenberger,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay just let me know if I can help Thank you !