Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 altima Car will not start, it has plenty of power. Says…

Customer Question
2013 altima Car will...

2013 altima Car will not start , it has plenty of power . Says key system error also tpms error.. Its obviously something electrical is there a certain relay I should be looking for?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

It will not start at all it's just throwing those msgs the tire pressure is good .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I believe it's a fuse or relay I believe it's the 40/40/40 amp linkage fuse I need to replace but I'm not sure that's going to solve it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's the basics

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
9/24/2020
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, Jake here.Sorry your having issues, but thanks for reaching out.When you say key system error? Is it saying no key detected? Or what exactly?
I key system error (see owners manual) and a separate msg TPMS Erroe see owners manual
Do me a favor please.Remove the key from the fob, unlock the drivers door twice with the key.Sit in the car and install the key back in the fob. Take the nissan symbol side of the fob and set it against the start button and leave it there for 3-5 seconds.Now press the brake and push the start button in with the fob as an extension of your hand.Let me know exactly what happens when you do that, thanks
Did the ignition switch to ON or ACC? But no attempt to start?
No attempt to turn over ya it switched to on
Curious, do the brake lamps work? When you press the brake does the shifter release when you have ignition to ON?
that was 1. Of the 1st things I checked the plug above the pedalThere is a 40/40/40 amp linkage fuse. That control both key and tpms so I figured I'd go buy 1

most the larger fusibles are on the side of the positive battery terminal and sold as 1 piece. you would be able to visibly see if they were blown.

The 40a fusible link for the BCM is likely what your referring to.

this is located in the fuse panel by the drivers side headlight (by battery)

if the fuse is good and the brake lamps work, then the key programming could be the issue.

is there a way to reset the key fob and the car I'm going to charge battery just so its 1 less thing I can cross off

disconnect the battery while you charge it.

this will perform a hard reset at the same time!

I did the disconnect of battery replaced battery on the fob , charged the battery . So now I'm not getting any of the msgs but it's still not starting

is it still switching to ACC / ON mode?

Everything is doing what it should like normal but I get nothing very oddI got power it recognizes the key apply foot to brake push start just get a click

1 single click?

It's not even a click that's more the stuff turning on in the car
Are you sure the brake lamps work?If so and you press start and it just turns to ACC mode or ON then something else is going on with the park/neutral signal.
Ya especially now at.night I push the brakes I can see them light upIt doesn't make any sense the car has been fine I replaced a broken door handle and now it doesn't start unreal well I'm going back to drawing board v what I can figure out. I appreciate your responses you have been helpful I'll keep u updated. The Nissan service dept. Is as also stumped

if you have a voltmeter and want to test signals at the IPDM just holler